Praise for A J Dalton’s writing
- SFX: ‘Empire Of The Saviours gives you an interesting setting and a devilishly good villain’
- SciFi Now magazine: ‘Engaging, filled with sacrifice, adventure and some very bloody battles!’
- Waterstones central buyer: ‘The best young British fantasy author on the circuit at the moment’
- Sfbook.com: ‘Different, fresh and unique’
The published works of A J Dalton:
- May 2017 – Religion in fantasy: propaganda, blasphemy or nonsense?, BFS Journal #17
- May 2017 – Gender identity and sexuality in fantasy and science fiction, Luna Press Publishing
- Feb 2017 – The Sub-genres of British Fantasy Literature, Luna Press Publishing
- Oct 2015 – Narrative perspective, a chapter in The Art of the Novel, Salt Publishing
Main series, Chronicles of a Cosmic Warlord, published by Gollancz
- May 2012 – Empire of the Saviours – recommended!
- Mar 2013 – Gateway of the Saviours
- Apr 2014 – Tithe of the Saviours
- June 2017 – The Book of Dragons, being published with Kristell Ink
- Sept 2016 – The Book of Angels, Kristell Ink
- Apr 2015 – The Book of Orm, Kristell Ink – recommended!
- 2014 – Lifer, a literary scifi novel, awaiting publication
First book series, Flesh & Bone Trilogy, published by Authorhouse
- 2008 – Necromancer’s Gambit, my first (published) novel, ISBN 9781 4343 53061
- 2009 – Necromancer’s Betrayal, ISBN 9781 4389 93652
- 2010 – Necromancer’s Fall, ISBN 9781 4520 45108
Novellas and short stories
- 2016 – The Last Ogre, a tale published in the Shadows of the Oak anthology, with Tenebris Books
- 2016 – I Am a Small God, a kick-ass novella – recommended!
- 2012 – Knight of Ages, another kick-ass novella
- 2005 – A Passport to Your Dreams, a short story written while I was working in Thailand, published in the collection Blending In, ISBN 974-9985-12-5
- In addition to the above, A J Dalton has written a number of newspaper articles about British culture (serialized around the world), completed a PhD on the sub-genres of British fantasy, written academic articles about fantasy, and is a published cartoonist.
If you are interested in acquiring rights to any of the above, please contact A J Dalton through this website or Facebook. All rights concerning Lifer, A Passport to Your Dreams, Knight of Ages and the Flesh & Bone Trilogy belong to A J Dalton. Rights concerning Chronicles of a Cosmic Warlord will need to be negotiated with Gollancz, and rights concerning The Book of Orm will need to be negotiated with Kristell Ink, but A J Dalton can pass on expressions of interest.